The next observing session planned for Delamont is on the 10th-11th April. However the great weather we have been enjoying over the past week is coming to an end with more changeable and showery conditions. Unfortunately, I can't make the 10th but if the weather looks reasonable I'll post a go ahead for Friday. The IAA has an event on Saturday at Cullyhanna Community Centre, so if its cloudy on Friday, we'll postpone our next observing session until 17th/18th April when we will be heading to IAA member Andy Newmans observatory in the Castlereagh Hills. If you are interested in coming to see his remotely operated observatory (should be very interesting) please let me know via this thread so we can gauge numbers etc. I will post more details in due course.
100% love to see it. Will be out at what I can. I've been in Stormont the past couple of nights but my telescope is getting soaked and dew is everywhere; 100% humidity at 1am on Wednesday morning at Stormont.
What's the sky like at Cullyhana? Is it a dark site with a rating or just a nice spot?
Hi all, Due to increasing cloud with a strong possibility of rain showers this evening, observing at Delamont is cancelled. Although I've previously stated that observing is cancelled for the 11th(Saturday) due to the Cullyhanna event, it looks like the weather might be quite good for Delamont, so if there is enough interest for it, then we might as well proceed. Please let me know via this thread or ring/text me on 07808736963 so I can confirm etc.
Hi David, I already told Terry I would attend the Cullyhanna event on Saturday so I will be unable to make Delamont if it's on, although tomorrow is going to be a very busy day and might not be finished in time for either event.