The IAA's next scheduled observing session at Delamont Country Park is planned for the 13th-14th February, which is our first choice for observing this month. Unfortunately the forecast for tonight isn't looking good, so is CANCELLED The forecast for Saturday 14th is showing no real improvement in weather prospects, but check this forum again on Saturday afternoon for an update on that, if its on I'll also text to anyone who has given me their mobile number. But if its cloudy on Saturday, we'll try again next weekend.
As you may have guessed, observing at at Delamont on 14th Feb is cancelled My wife isn't complaining about it though, being Valentines Day!! It will be mostly cloudy with perhaps a few breaks so not worthwhile.
Fingers crossed for next weekend, don't forget our next lecture by Dr Jorick Vink at the Bell theatre at QUB on Wednesday, who will be talking about Star Formation in the early Universe, see you there!