The IAA observing group kicks off the 2015-16 season this weekend at our usual spot down at Delamont Country Park. However, after a week of high pressure, it looks as though the weather isn't looking great for our first choice on Friday night as a weather front is approaching from the west. At this stage, its hard to tell if the weather will be any better on Saturday night, but check this forum thread around 6pm on Friday 11th for an update on weather conditions (fingers crossed
If anyone needs directions to Delamont, let me know, text or ring me on 07808736963
I'd like to take this opportunity to invite any new or non members to join us, if you need any advice on observing or equipment, we'll be glad to help, the Milky Way is spectacular from Delamont! See you there.
The observing session at Delamont on the 11th Sept is cancelled due to bad weather. A weather front will be passing during Friday/Saturday. Prospects for Saturday are perhaps looking a bit better, I'll do a update on Saturday to confirm a go/no go. If Saturday is cancelled, we will aim for next weekend, fingers crossed!
It's all over the place David; I keep seeing that Saturday night may hold on but you know what our weather is like. Friday's 100% gonna be washed out but you never know. My NexImage5 might get a nice trial run!
Hi all, Due to variable cloud cover with a risk of a shower or two, I think it's best if we cancel observing at Delamont tonight(12th) in favour of next weekend. The weather front that brought some rain last night is now clearing but more cloud and rain are due late tonight and tomorrow morning, and variable cloud cover in between is hard to predict. When it's a 50/50 situation, it's not fair to ask you all to come along with only short viewing opportunities. The glorious Milky Way needs a totally clear sky to be seen at its best, but we will have plenty of sessions at Delamont to enjoy it?