The IAA's next scheduled observing session at Delamont Country Park is planned for the 12th-13th December, which is our first choice for observing this month. Unfortunately the forecast for Friday the 12th isn't looking good, with frequent sleet/rain for afternoon and evening The forecast for Saturday 13th is showing an improvement in weather prospects, so check this forum again on Saturday afternoon for an update on that, if its on I'll also text to anyone who has given me their mobile number. But if its cloudy on Saturday, we'll try again next weekend on the 19th-20th.
Unfortunately, due to cloudy conditions, observing for 13th December is cancelled.
Please check the forum again next weekend, hopefully the weather will improve. It'll be a good excuse to get away from that retail madness!
I'm also itching to try out my new 12" dob, so fingers crossed
If you do get any breaks in the cloud where you live, have a look for the Geminids which peak tonight. Also check out an interview on UTV News at 6.30pm with our President, Terry Moseley, who will give a brief outline on what to look for.